Yesterday I made Lasagna for the first time. Ever. It came out really good.
- 3 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 large egg
- 2 10-ounce packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed, squeezed dry
- 1 7-ounce package prepared pesto
- 4 cups bottled chunky pasta sauce
- 12 no-boil lasagna noodles from one 8-ounce package
- 2 cups grated Fontina cheese
Blend ricotta and Parmesan in medium bowl. Season cheeses with salt and pepper; stir in egg. Blend spinach and pesto in another medium bowl.
Brush 13x9x2-inch glass baking dish with oil. Spread 1 cup pasta sauce in prepared dish. Arrange 3 noodles side by side atop sauce. Spread 1 1/4 cups ricotta cheese mixture over in thin layer. Drop 1/3 of spinach mixture over by spoonfuls. Repeat layering with sauce, noodles, ricotta cheese mixture and spinach mixture 2 more times. Top with remaining 3 noodles and 1 cup sauce. Preheat oven to 350°F. Cover lasagna with foil. Bake 35 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with Fontina cheese. Bake lasagna until heated through, sauce bubbles and cheese on top is melted, about 15 minutes longer. Let stand 10 minutes.
Thank you Alexandra for inspiring me to cook once again.